Oh. My. God. Another one of these happy girls who believe in unicorns and fairy dust. Who thinks they will make a difference and make the world a better and happier place.
That’s probably what you might think when you see this blog.
But no. You are wrong. I’m not better than anyone else, I will not change the world and I don’t believe in unicorns or fairy dust (although that would be awesome). I’m just a girl – or should I say woman ? – who likes to write and wants to show how I seek ‘ease’ in my life.
I will not tell you how to be happy, I will not show how amazingly perfect my life is. Because it’s not. Life sucks sometimes and that’s okay. But it’s the way we choose to handle these moments that will determine how we feel.
– ◊ –
In this blog I will give you a little insight in the daily struggles of my life. How I always try to be positive, but sometimes just can’t find a way to do that. How I sometimes like to give in to self-pity. Just because I can and because nobody is going to tell me that I can’t. What’s better than (women all over the world, you know what I’m talking about) just letting yourself hang in the couch, eating and drinking your emotions away and totally giving in to this sad waste of time.
What’s important is how you handle that problem the next day. It’s okay to be sad, to be mad or to go crazy, but you can’t let that last forever.
Allow yourself to be happy about the little things in life. Ignore the small things that don’t matter. Don’t let them determine how your life is, was or will be.
– ◊ –
So… Let’s cut to the chase. In short, this is what my blog stands for:
- Waves: Life has, just like the ocean, its ups and downs. The higher the ups, the deeper the downs, the more influence they have on our lives. These waves are very powerful. Which is why we can not get carried away by them.
- Ease: We have to find ease. Ease gives us rest. Gives a feeling of satisfaction. Through all the waves life gives us, we have to find ease. Let’s just be happy with what it is. We could chase a thousand dreams, trying to improve all aspects of our lives. But you can also choose to be happy, to be at ease with how your life is. That gives you the chance to be happy with any improvement, because it’s all a surplus. Don’t get me wrong, we can not be careless.
– ◊ –
The keywords to this blog are:
- Happiness: It’s great to be happy and to strive to happiness. Let’s find small actions that make us feel happier.
- Love: Feeling loved and loving someone helps us coping with our problems.
- Daily struggles: No one is perfect. Everyone has their own little problems and that’s awesome. It makes us feel connected because we recognize ourselves in these little anecdotes about life.
- Reality: Even though it seems great to be happy all the time. It’s just not possible. Let’s not be fooled by these fit and perfect people, by the rich and famous, their lives suck too sometimes. They just don’t show it on social media. Let’s face it, they too have bad hair days, they hit their toe against the table, they drop their phones in the toilet. But no one knows about it. Remember the story about the falling tree in the forest? If we don’t see/hear/read it, does that mean it doesn’t happen? HAHA. No. Welcome to life. It hits everyone.
– ◊ –
I hope you can find joy in reading my posts (waves). Feel free to comment or contact me. Let this blog be a place to stop overthinking. Go with the flow, guys. It’s awesome.